Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Movie review

Over this past weekend I saw three different movies.  On Friday Steve took the day off and we met his family to go and see Star Trek.  It was completely and totally enjoyable especially if you know anything about Star Trek.  Even Seth sat through it though when Steve asked what his favorite part of the movie was he said the Bumblebee part.  (There was a preview for the new Transformer movie)  We then came home and played tennis and then went on what we refer to as a Walmart date.  (You know the one where you leave the kids at home, but then just go to Walmart and get groceries for the weekend)  We stopped at Redbox and got "The Day the Earth Stood Still"  If you haven't seen then I will consider you one of the lucky ones.  It was cliche and tedious.  
Saturday came and we spent the better part of the day just kind of lounging and taking kids to the various activities that they had.  In the evening Steve informed me that he was taking me out.  I don't have an aversion to that so we went and saw Wolverine.  I really enjoyed this movie.  I love the X-Men movies.  The only thing that was missing was I like all of the characters and their different powers and this movie was mostly just about Logan.  It was cool to see how everything fit together with this movie and then the
 subsequent movies.  
  On Mother's Day Steve and the kids made pancakes and then we packed a picnic lunch and went to the park for a picnic.  We are out of our church building right now while it is being expanded.  We have to use the Stake Center and so we don't have church until 3.  After our picnic we came back
 home and changed for church.  
Overall it was a great weekend.

3 comments:

Tami said...

I love the pictures. Keep posting pics. Sounds like a more eventful weekend than we had. Lucky!

mle said...

Fun!! I also enjoyed both of those movies. And HOORAY for such amazing weather this weekend! It was so nice to be outside. I'm glad you're feeling better so you could enjoy the weekend!

Cindy said...

We saw Star Trek last week and loved it, too. It sounds like you guys had a nice weekend.