Life has been uninteresting and abnormal all at the same time this past week. We got about an inch of snow on Tuesday so schools were closed Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. While I love having the kids home during the summer, I really don't like having so many unprepared for days off during the school year. In the summer we have a routine and expectations etc but during the school year they go to school so what little routine we have only needs to come into play in the morning and the evening. They eat twice as much when they are home and they make twice the mess.
By Wednesday I knew that I couldn't last another day just "hangin". So I did the dreaded mom thing and made them all job lists. It definitely made a big difference. The other thing that I HATE about snow days is the hats, coats, boots, gloves, scarves, snow pants, etc. First we have to get it all OUT, then it has to go ON, then it comes back IN, soaking wet and dirty. Then a few hours later after we are warm again the routine starts over again. Luckily they are getting older and can do a lot more themselves.
We also went through all of what I call kids hot chocolate (the kind that is a dollar and has the cheap little marshmallows) and they started in on MY hot chocolate (the expensive flavored kind that you make with milk).
I do have to admit though that I LOVE not having homework on those snow days!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I wish I could see snow. I miss it. And, I wish I could see the kids. I miss them.
My poor kids are sooo jealous. The weatherman keeps predicting that we will get some snow but then we are always disappointed.
Post a Comment