Friday, January 9, 2009

2008- Where did it Go?

I was reading Emily's year in review and thought it was sooo fun that I started thinking about my year last year. I admit that it wasn't one of my favorites so far. But here it goes.

January-
*Steve got a call that his company had gone bankrupt and we now didn't have a job and we weren't getting paid the next day either.

*Many great moments provided courtesy of WV unemployment center. (Quote of the month-"If I have worked in different states is that considered international" Think of the quote with a twang accent.)

*Looking for a new job and STRESS!!!!

February

*Still looking for a new job
*Finding a new job (with a very stinky commute and very expensive benefits)

*Steve turned 36 (old man!)

*Todd turned 12 and started passing the sacrament (definitely the highlight of the month/year)











March
Ummmmmmmm.... must have blocked this month out

I guess that Easter did happen this month though I only remembered that because I was looking at the calendar

April

*Can't remember exactly when, but became utterly and totally addicted to Twilight thanks to casually borrowing the book from Emily. I then had to run and buy the next two which were not at Walmart so I read Twilight again just to soothe the anxiety. I then had to plan a trip into civilization to get the next two. I made a call to Steve and suggested that we meet him half way home from work (near a Borders) and just have some dinner and spend nice family time. I also just needed to make a quick run into the bookstore while we were there. Bought the next two books!! Spent the next two days reading them and then panicked again at seeing how much time there still was to go before the 4th book came out.


May
*Another month of total blanks, but spring had arrived and everything was in bloom at our house.













June

*Seth turned 3-He had a speed racer birthday. We went to see the movie and while we were there the fire alarm went off. That was his highlight of the day. We then got to go back in (armed with free movie passes for next time we come) and finish the movie. (Free movie passes was my highlight of the day)
*Went to St. Louis to see my nephew Zach be baptised.

*Todd got pneumonia (yes in the summer!)

*Hannah got pneumonia (while in St. Louis)

*Joseph got pneumonia (do we see a trend yet?)


*Julie got pneumonia (apparently it IS contagious)

July

*Still recovering from pneumonia

*Matthew came for a visit


*4th of July fire works (while still recovering from pneumonia)

*Girls camp (even though I was still in the primary they called my to be Branch girls camp director) I didn't have to go on any of the hikes though because I still wasn't able to breathe well (you guessed it) because I was still recovering from pneumonia


* Steve started a new job with a much better commute and great benefits. He started this job on the same day that I left for girls camp. What a completely crazy week. (Thanks to Steve's mom who watched the kids that week.

August

*Joseph turned 6
*Hannah turned 10
*I turned 21 again

*Breaking Dawn FINALLY came out. I spent 2 days in isolation in order to read it LOVE IT!!!!

*School started with three kids at three different school



September

*Got called to be 2nd counselor in the R.S. (over enrichment meetings) Just kind of relieved to be done with primary after almost 4 years.

*Hannah started playing the flute
*Started teaching piano lessons with only two students
*Lost one of the two students


October

*Went on our one and only camping trip of the year. The weather was absolutely perfect even though the nights were quite chilly


*Went with Joseph to the pumpkin patch on the absolute coldest day of the year thus far. We practically ran through the corn maze. School buses are not very comfortable I have decided.

*Halloween-Tami and Emily came to see kids trick or treat.

*Gained three more piano students
*Started watching Lydia every day


November
*Planned and carried out my first official R.S. enrichment meeting. Tons of work, but it turned out very nice.


*The last Thanksgiving at Tami's house.

*Saw the movie Twilight (hurray)
*Helped in Hannah's class making painted tee-shirts

December
Gained two more piano students. I now have 8 paying students while also teaching Todd and Hannah.

*Made a trip to NYC with Emily to see the lights and Rockefeller center. It was one of the funnest things that I had done in years. Definitely the highlight of the year thus far.
*Crazy Christmas preparations.

*Christmas miracle-After ten years my whole family was able to be together for Christmas. It will probably be another ten before it happens again. 17 people in one house! Very very much food eaten and lots of fun had by all.








*To end the year with a bang Steve got into a car accident and totalled his car. Luckily nobody was hurt.



After reviewing this past year I guess it wasn't really as bad as it first seemed there were a lot of up times, but there was definitely some stress. Again I guess my theme continues to be that we are truly blessed.

1 comment:

mle said...

I felt the same way -- I remembered just being stressed all last year, but as I thought about all the GOOD things that happened as well, it didn't seem so bad on paper. :)