Sunday, August 9, 2009

This month is such a special one....



Hannah's birthday was August 5th just four days after Joseph's. Her birthday celebration actually started on July 31st when we went to pick up Sandy (her best friend that moved away at the beginning of the summer) Sandy was going to stay with us for a week and celebrate Hannah's birthday. By Monday
night she was so homesick that she decided to be picked up on Tuesday unable to stay even one more day even though Hannah's birthday party was on Wednesday. That evening told me that having just one girl could be a real blessing. Sandy was crying because she was homesick and felt bad about it and Hannah was crying because Sandy was leaving and was going to miss her birthday. What a fun evening we had.
On Hannah's birthday I took her and three of her friends to make bracelets at the Potomac Bead Company in Hagerstown. (Steve's mom lives close by so I picked her up so she could help me.) This store was filled with every bead you could ever imagine wanting or needing and they were very nice with the girls. When we were done there we went to our favorite ice cream store for cones and presents. The ice cream store is the best--the cones are so big that you can hardly eat the whole thing and eating it is only half the problem....you first have to decide what kind of ice cream to get. It is a wonderful place!!

That evening we ate Hannah's favorite dinner of rice and gravy and opened her gifts from the family. All in all it was a great day (even without Sandy).
I can hardly believe that she is 11 and will be starting middle school.

3 comments:

Steve V. said...

Where is MY daughter Hannah?!?!?! My Hannah is only 4 and has little pig tails. My Hannah doesn't go to Middle School...

mle said...

How sad that Sandy left the day before Hannah's birthday! I don't understand why one would want to go home and be bored when they could stay and play at their best friend's house. Crying little girls. :( I'm glad Hannah could still have fun at the bead store with her other friends. Ah, the drama you have to look forward to with a girl in Middle School!

Cindy said...

Oh, the drama! I'm glad that Hannah had a nice birthday, regardless. I think I want to go to the bead store for my birthday, too.