It used to be that we would have one fundraiser in the fall and one in the spring and I didn't mind particpating because it was for a good cause right? Steve would get really into it and try to help whatever kid to win something. Hannah once won a ride to lunch in a limo for selling the
most (whatever it was). The next time she won a $50 gift card for coming in second. Now that I have three kids (in three schools) we get some kind of fundraiser almost every week. This week we got
Avon (for the middle school band) Joe Corbi (for Wright Denny playground fund),
Kings pizza (combined school spirit fundraiser??)
and Bob Evans (for some other wonderful cause). This doesn't include the scholastic book fair next week that they are asking everyone to come and also donate $1. They are also having a change drive (at both Page and Wright Denny) to buy school supplies for the classroom. I just can not get excited about any of it. I sometimes wonder if I should just send in a big check and be done with it. Of course we can't participate in it all so I find myself just throwing everything away because it just gets to be too much. Maybe I should home school and then have a fundraiser for myself.
most (whatever it was). The next time she won a $50 gift card for coming in second. Now that I have three kids (in three schools) we get some kind of fundraiser almost every week. This week we got
Avon (for the middle school band) Joe Corbi (for Wright Denny playground fund),
Kings pizza (combined school spirit fundraiser??)
and Bob Evans (for some other wonderful cause). This doesn't include the scholastic book fair next week that they are asking everyone to come and also donate $1. They are also having a change drive (at both Page and Wright Denny) to buy school supplies for the classroom. I just can not get excited about any of it. I sometimes wonder if I should just send in a big check and be done with it. Of course we can't participate in it all so I find myself just throwing everything away because it just gets to be too much. Maybe I should home school and then have a fundraiser for myself.
4 comments:
HAHA! Now that's one fundraiser I can get excited about.. I was never in to the school fundraisers when I was in school. Who wants to go around knocking on stranger's doors? And now that's totally dangerous. I guess that's why the parents just end up taking all the catalogues in to work and suckering their co-workers to participate. :D
School fundraisers are one of my pet-peeves! I absolutely hate them and hardly ever participate. Why should I buy something I don't want just so that the school can have 50% of the profits? I'd much rather just send a check and let the school have it all. (Our principal in SC actually let us do this. It was great!) A few months ago I saw a lady break down in literal tears at a parent meeting while pleading for everyone to support this years fund raising efforts. No kidding.
I hated them as a kid, and would hate them if I were a parent. But I love when I get to buy something to support my niece or nephew.
I checked. Joe Corbi only ships to US addresses. Sucks. They have good food and I'm hungry!
Post a Comment