Friday, February 20, 2009

Wrong kind of Praying


At the end of the summer a lady in our branch gave me a HUGE fern. I love plants and this one was beautiful. I had it in my sun room until Christmas and then I moved it up into my bathroom in order to have room for the Christmas tree. It took me a while before I really got everything put back where it belonged after Christmas..... With that background comes the following experience

I was getting ready for church a few weeks ago and I noticed something on top of my lotion. It was a tiny green praying mantis. I like praying mantis(es) or manti? so I wasn't so worried. I took it down stairs and shook it outside. I came back up into my bathroom to continue to get ready and I looked again. OH MY GOODNESS!!! There were at least 20 to 30 little tiny praying Mantis all over my bathroom. In the tub, the surround, the floor etc. I looked closely and realized that the bugs were coming from the plant. It had been outside until it got too cold. Apparently it made a good nesting place for bugs. I quickly grabbed the plant and carried it downstairs and put it on the back porch leaving a trail of leaves and mess along the way. I then spent the next 45 minutes with the vacuum cleaner cleaning up the mess. We were subsequently late for chruch. My adoration is somewhat lessened now that I have had the critter all over my bathroom. Life is just one of those totally laughable experiences.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Ewwww. I would not have been so calm if my bathroom was taken over. Did you suck up the praying mantis with the vacuum? How did you get them all out of your bathroom? Just thinking about it gives me the creeps.

mle said...

HAhaha! Still such a funny story! I remember one time during recess in elementary school, my friends and I decided to collect ladybugs. Those aren't gross bugs. But after recess was over and we turned our pockets inside out, all those ladybugs squirming all over eachother was totally disgusting!!! A lot of jumping up and down and swatting at our out-turned pockets ensued. At least it was outside and not in the bathroom!!

Louise said...

Can't be as bad as the time in Merced that I walked into the kitchen and found maggots all over the floor. That was truly disgusting.