I had one of those experiences that you just have to laugh at because it is so crazy. Yesterday right before we left for church I got a phone call. "Can you PLEASE play the organ today for sacrament meeting my son just started throwing up" Of course I said yes and then rushed everyone out the door so that we could get to church on time. Once we got there I ran up and sat down at the organ (I am a piano player not an organ player, but I have been learning) I pushed the button to set all of the stops (those buttons that make the organ sound good) NOTHING! I started to panic. I don't know how to set all of the things individually. The chorister then came over and whispered that the organ was broken and had to be hand set. I should have just gotten up right then and walked over to the piano, but I was soo flustered that I just sat there. We both started pushing buttons and then pressing keys to see how it sounded. It wasn't good. With everybody waiting to start sacrament meeting and staring at me we finally decided to leave it where it was and go for it. It really wasnt good. Think of a tinny sounding trumpet. We did finally play through the opening and sacrament hymn and then I took the book over to the piano. What a way to start a Sunday.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh! How terrible! It's like a bad dream that you didn't wake up from. I hate this story. It makes me think I'm going to have this dream tonight. I'm sorry for you, Julie. That's just awful.
Oh, that made me laugh. I'm sorry for your panic. I never make good decisions under pressure.
I had the same experience at one time which taught me to not say yes if people ask me to play the organ--no matter how much they beg.
You are brave to even try the organ! I haven't learned yet because I'm afraid of a Sunday just like that!
Post a Comment