(I don't know why this is sideways, but what can you do?)
We went for what is probably one our very last Thanksgivings with family in a long time. We were at Tami's house, but since she is moving to Germany in the spring I think it was probably the last time we will be there for Thanksgiving. We had a really good time. I even fed a goat. We went to the Bluebird Gap Farm and
had a good time walking around with the kids. The best part of the trip was the huge mound of mashed potatoes. It only took us three days to finish it off. There is nothing better than leftover Thanksgiving food.
The other fun thing that we did while we were there was to go and see the movie Twilight. I was hoping that it was better than it was, but it kind of grew on you and once I quit making comparisons to the book I really enjoyed it. I took Todd and Hannah with me (as well as Emily, Jeremiah, Richard and Tami). Todd thought it was boring and the scariest part was Bella and Edward kissing. Hannah covered her eyes during the kissing part, but enjoyed the rest of the movie. Unless you had read the book the movie was probably kind of lacking. It did kind of make me want to go home and read the book again, but I resisted the urge and now I think that it has past.
My brain is now turned towards Christmas. We got out our Christmas decorations last night and I am already sick of the singing/dancing snowman that hasn't shut up since he was put out.
4 comments:
The more I think about the movie, the more I like it. I'm excited to get our decorations out this weekend. Kind of a sad realization about it being the last Thanksgiving together. It was a good one.
Holy mashed potatoes batman!! As for me, I don't want to see the Twilight movie because I was annoyed at Bella most of the time in the books so I don't want to be even more annoyed when the movie doesn't get it right.
I was always rooting for Jacob.
I just re-read your entry and I just wondered if the kids that you walked around with were the goats or was the goat you fed the kids?
Post a Comment