Monday, December 8, 2008

Frozen Bums and other events

On Saturday we went to see Todd march in the town Christmas parade. It was only 30 degrees and flurries were coming down. It was a funny parade. Since we are really kind of a redneck area (just in case you weren't aware) the "floats" were kind of comical. A lot of them were just cars (regular not old, cool, or done up) with little paper signs on the side saying who was inside (keeping warm I might add). I decided that I was going to drive my van in the parade and just wave at all the freezing people along the way. Todd had hand warmers in his gloves and feet warmers and two layers of clothes but he still came home shivering. His band was entry number 75 out of 120. As soon as we yelled, cheered and took pictures of his band going by (I had to explain why we would say "Thats my Barney") we packed up our stuff and left. Needless to say all of us were frozen!


On a different note-I was organizing and found the following picture (which made me laugh) Later on that same day

I was lecturing the boys on how we should treat our brothers and sister. "Heavenly Father did not give us families so the we could beat them up". I thought of this picture and started to laugh. It is funny how life seems to make a full circle.

1 comment:

mle said...

Huh. That's funny. Todd was always nice to me.. He must have REALLY hated you to beat you up like that. lol. ;)