On the day that the kids all went back to school (August 20 something) I went to the gym and signed up. Over the previous year I had lost about 12 pounds by watching my diet, but I was tired of clothes that didn't fit and all that goes with it. I have been going for 3 months now and I am proud to say that I have only missed 3 days in that time. I never knew how addicting it could be. I go six days a week and think about it on the 7th (I know..) I have only lost another 7 pounds, but I have dropped 4 pants sizes. I finally went to the store on Friday because I didn't have any pants that fit. From the starting point of when I started losing until now I have dropped six sizes and I am only about 3 weeks away from another 2 more. I have so enjoyed getting toned and having time to think about nothing and everything. Who would have every thought that I would even be comtemplating signing up for a 5K race with my sister. I am still not a runner nor do I get on the treadmill most days, but I love all of the other equipment and am even up to 2500M on the rowing machine. To round off my total makeover I had my hair cut and colored. I even got hit on by some weirdo at the gas station.

(This is as close to a before picture as I am going to post) The after picture is still in progress.
3 comments:
Yeah! Good work sistah! I can't wait to find a 5k to do together! (You know I looked for a Turkey Trot near Todd's house...) ;)
I'm happy for you!
Aww, now you are just teasing us by only posting a head shot!
Congratulations! That is a real accomplishment!
I can't wait to see your next photo! And, I can't wait for us to all be together again and to RUN! :)
Post a Comment