We have been part of a small branch for the last 4 and 1/2 years since we moved to WV. The ward that shared our building had continued to grow larger and larger, but the branch stayed tiny and struggled. Yesterday they finally redid the boundaries and made our small branch into a ward. We knew that this was probably coming because a special meeting had been called for both units in our building. On Saturday before this meeting we got a call that we needed to meet the Stake president before the meeting.
This led to a day of speculation and joking on our part as to what they wanted to ask. Steve got called to be 2nd counselor in the new Bishopric.
He has been serving for a long time, but has just kept getting better and better. He is of course nervous, but excited to be able to serve those people he has really come to love. I have watched him grow especially over the last few years. He is a strong, faithful man who will serve with everything he has. I just hope that I can keep up

3 comments:
That last picture is really cute!
Not to be too mushy but I love LOVE LOVE JULIE!
Is "congratulations" the right thing to say in this situation? :)
Steve will do a great job!
Post a Comment