Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ego payment

I just started a new piano student on Tuesday. She is the same age as Joseph (7). We see her every morning at the bus stop and on Wednesday morning she ran up to me and handed me an envelope with my name on it. When I opened it this is what I found inside.


You can't read the writing very well but it labels her (on the right) and me (on the left) and the title says Piano lessons. It was very sweet. I won't tell her mom because she has already paid me, but this was the perfect payment for the lessons. Some days you realize that things are just worth it.


4 comments:

mle said...

This is so cute! It seems as if she is really excited to be learning to play the piano. I know I never drew my teacher a picture! But maybe because it was Mrs. Barnett and she probably wasn't as nice and cheerful as you are. :D

Louise said...

Last week I had a "worth it" experience. One of my more advanced students played "Bring Him Home" from Les Miserables. She played so expressively and flawlessly that the music spoke to my soul and I started to cry and had a hard time stopping. That is the first time that has ever happened during a piano lesson. There is hope beyond beginning piano students. :)

Melanie said...

That's so sweet! I love the picture, and might I say that you look lovely in your striped shirt Ms. Julie.

Tami said...

The picture is SOOO cute! How sweet of her! Emily, your comment about Mrs. Barnett is funny! And I agree. :)