Seth has been having a hard time with his bike lately. He got it for his 4th birthday in June and the chain had become loose and kept falling off. On Friday Steve got the bike the took it apart so that he could back the back wheel up and tighten the chain. As he was putting it back together again I suggested to Seth that he try to ride it without the training wheels on. He was all for that and jumped on his bike. I grabbed the back of his seat and off we went up the sidewalk. I could feel that he had pretty good balance so I moved my hand into the middle of his back. We got the the end of the sidewalk and turned around. This part was now a little bit downhill and he got going so now I was running with him. He then yelled "MOM would you just let GO" so I did and off he went. As he was getting fast he yelled back to me "Oh I get it--you just have to go fast" He was so proud of himself and has been showing everyone that he is big and can ride a bike with no training wheels. When Steve asked him what we should do with the training wheels he said "throw them in the trash". He then tried to tell us that because he was big now and could ride a bike that he should also be allowed to ditch the car seat too. (It has been an on going battle with him because he is "big" now)
Me trying to keep up with Seth (cute huh?)

Seth trying to fix his bike himself.


2 comments:
That is such a cute story! I love big boy Seth. Look at the difference in the pictures of Seth now and Seth in the Christmas photo. I miss BABY but am so happy to see him growing up and learning cool, new things.
Yay for BABY! I still get to call him that. ;) This is a fun story. I can't wait for Seth to show me his new talent when I come this weekend!! I miss you and the kids.
Post a Comment