Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ho Hum


Ho Hum......that is about how I feel lately. Not because I don't have anything to do, but because.... who knows why maybe because I feel like I just have too much to do and think about and don't want to do any of it. Don't they make medication for this type of thing? :)

On a happier note.... In December I am going to visit Tami in Germany. I am going with Emily and leaving everybody else at home. I am really looking forward to the trip, but am sad that I will be missing Christmas. In order to take this trip I have to get a passport. Because it is the first time that I have ever had one I have to do everything in person and have lots of different documents. I started this process a couple of weeks ago by filling out the application (which could be done online Hurray!!) I then printed the application and that is where it stopped for a while. But feeling the time crunch I decided I had better hurry and get everything done so yesterday I set out to finish. I went to get my pictures done at CVS only to find that their photo department is out of order. I then went to the UPS store on the other side of town and got them done. Unfortunately the UPS store is right across from Chik-fil-A. This is unfortunate because it was way past lunch time and Seth was grouchy so once he spotted his favorite play place there was no convincing him to move on. By the time we were done "playing" it was time to get kids off the bus. I ran home to do that, but undeterred I promptly left Todd in charge and tried one last effort to finish what I had started out to. I went to the address that was online for the court office to give them my application along with every other form of ID known to man. I knew that I would have a hard time with my birth certificate because it comes in three parts 1. Military birth record 2. German birth record and 3. The hospital record. People just don't like seeing this unusual conglomeration. I was right. The lady had to take the paper back into the office somewhere to her supervisor to make sure that they would accept this. Then when I thought that we were finally in the clear they told me that I couldn't write a check for the amount I had to have $25 dollars in cash and then I could write a check for the federal government portion. Sooooo...... I still don't have my passport papers turned in and I will have to try again today after going to the ATM. (And they want me to feel comfortable leaving my original documents with them) *sigh*

2 comments:

Tami said...

I am so excited for you and Emily to come. You will not be missing Christmas, but experiencing it in a completely new and exciting way. When we had Christmas late because Matt and I were sick, I didn't feel like I missed it. I still got to have the celebration with my family, and that was really what I wanted. So, don't feel guilty, and just be excited!

mle said...

Ditto! :D