Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Black Spot

Back in the times of the plague people would post a black spot in order to warn people not to come near. It was also used in Treasure Island to show a guilty verdict. (There are no real records of this, but it has become part of folklore so we are going to go with that) Well we are at that point in our house. Todd has the swine flu. (think of grave serious music at this point) I have been going to the park in front our house for the past few weeks and hearing the talk about AAHHHHH SWINE FLU. The women carry hand sanitizer and clorox wipes with them at all times. Well I am now the carrier of this certain death so we will be ostracized at the park for the next little while even though the rest of us are not sick. I Cloroxed everything yesterday and stripped the sheets off of all the beds. I also went and bought all new toothbrushes. Todd has been banished to his room for the next few days. I also called the school (which I am sure is where he got it from in the first place) The next dilemma came with the decision of whether or not to send the other kids to school. We got a paper home from the school at the beginning of the year saying if one of your kids was sick to keep all of them home. In the end I decided to heed the doctor's orders and only keep them home if they were running a fever. I checked both Hannah and Joseph for fevers before they went this morning and told them if they started to feel bad to make sure that they called home.
Well time to go and wash my hands again.

3 comments:

mle said...

Piggy, Piggy! Poor Todd. Probably a good thing you didn't have extra company this past weekend... Hopefully the rest of you don't get sick! Does Todd get breakfast/lunch/dinner in bed? :)

Cindy said...

Swine flu has gotten so rampant around here that people have actually stopped freaking out about it.

We have had one or more people sick at our house for the last 4 weeks. Brandon went back today after missing 8 days of school. Unfortunately, we just had a plain, old, regular, respiratory virus and not the cool, trendy, swine flu.

Amy said...

I'm sorry - no fun! I hope the rest of you don't get it.