Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do?



On Thursday morning I came downstairs and noticed that there was a car sitting in front of our house. I saw that there was people sitting in the car so I assumed that they were waiting for someone. I didn't think too much about it. An hour later I noticed that they were still there. It looked like they were sleeping in the car. Another hour passed and they were still there. It was starting to make me nervous so I decided to call the police. I was a little bit nervous, but I looked up the number and called. I don't know what I thought was going to happen, but it was surprisingly easy. Ten minutes later a police car showed up. The cop took the driver out first and did all of the things that you see on TV. He made him put his hands on the hood of the car and spread his legs. The officer then patted him down. (All of this happened with me looking through a slit in the blinds and making the kids stay away from the windows.) I continued to watch as the officer did the same thing with the passenger and proceeded to administer all of the touch your nose with your finger etc. Then the officer searched the car and started pulling out stuff including a full open bottle of liquor. After about an hour and a half another adult (which turned out to be the driver's mom) came and got the kid and left. After it was all done the police officer came to the door and asked if I was the person that called. I said yes and he explained that the kids were probably sleeping it off. (Though why they parked out in the open in front of my house I don't know)
It was an exciting morning. While this was all going on the little neighbor girl came outside to see if Seth could come and out and play. She didn't make it as far as our house because when she saw the police officers she went in the house yelling that she wasn't coming down here because the police were arresting people. Her mom didn't believe her until she went to the window and saw the cops. She called me a few minutes later wondering what in the world was going on. We had to laugh because her little girl was worried that the police had come for us.
Life just has limitless experiences just waiting for us!!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow! That's one of those rare moments in life when you can turn to your kids and say, "see what will happen to you if you __________!"

Tami said...

Did the kids peek out of Todd's bedroom window?

Amy said...

What an exciting/scary adventure for you!

Marci said...

Good story. I'm glad it was you not me though.