Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Random Stuff

The past couple of weeks (after camping) have been devoted to Relief Society stuff. I had to teach a really difficult lesson on Sunday and I also have had to plan a "low key" activity that is going to be at my house tonight. We are going to make a few Halloween crafts and I also created a packet that had some other cute ideas. So I have had RS on the brain. I also spent an hour on Saturday revamping the stake RS binder that I receive when I got my calling. It wasn't in any kind of logical order and had a bunch of duplicate papers in it. I ripped it apart and put it back together again. After tonight's activity is done I have to switch gears and start thinking about our big holiday dinner enrichment night in November. I don't want it to be cheesy or lame so I need to start now. We are putting together a video music presentation on the computer to show that evening. It should be classy and nice. Our them is count your many blessings. Sometimes I just get overwhelmed thinking about everything and have to go back to one day at a time.


We picked the perfect weekend to go camping because this weekend was cold and we finally had our first frost of the season. It is still getting up into the upper 60's during the day, but the bus stop has been really cold in the morning. I hate it when you have to get up in the morning when it is still dark and cold. School should start at about 10 or 11 so that we can sleep in and get up when the sun is already up. I guess I had better get used to it because it only goes downhill from here.




More random info is that I have started teaching piano lessons. I have 4 students right now and one waiting to start as soon as they get their keyboard. I am trying to get two more. I have already figured out that their are just some people that are not born with the music in them. Poor kid. Speaking some more about music. Todd is going to play in the Middle school band for the high school football game this Friday. I am excited to go and see them play. They are playing the Star Spangled Banner and then they will play some of the spirit songs with the high school band. It makes me think about going to the games when I was in High School. (a long long time ago back right after the dinosaurs left the earth) (More randomness) Hannah is playing the flute and she is really enjoying it. She is funny- she gets out her flute everyday and practices. I say funny just because most kids have to be told to practice, but she loves it and wants to learn everything at once. She is getting better and better every week. She started out very frustrated and I was a little worried that she would give up, but she didn't and now she likes to have people tell her what song she should play.

We instituted a new job system last night at FHE. We roled out the dreaded pie chart with names and jobs and the brad in the middle that can spin around. Needless to say everyone was very excited about it.


Enough randomness for now. I feel better to have emptied my brain of some of the clutter that seems to clog it up.

1 comment:

mle said...

I still swear that I heard Hannah playing her flute in the middle of the night when we were camping. I couldn't have been dreaming because it was too cold to actually be asleep. ;) Good luck with your crafts tonight! They all looked fun and cute!!